Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fall Is Here!


So, it's the day before Halloween, and although my dream of having all three kids in theme-matched costumes never came to fruition, I'm still excited to do the trick or treating thing! I was hoping to convince Chloe to do something fun and different...Cat in the Hat for her with Coop and Brody as Things 1 & 2. I thought it was funny and original, anyway. Much to my dismay, she wasn't crazy about the idea. She much prefered "Pink Witch" bought at WalMart. But then Cooper chose Batman and my theme hopes arose once again...I was seeing Chloe as Batgirl and Cooper as Robin! YES! Perfect! Even Chloe found a Batgirl costume that met "cool" requirements! So the quest then came down to finding Brody a toddler sz 1-2 Robin. Much more difficult to do then you'd think. Found a few, but they were out of our budget. Then Chloe's school had the Halloween party/dance on Friday night and she decided to wear the Pink Witch ensemble afterall. Hopes dashed once again. Afterall, I wasn't going to buy her two costumes in one year! Stay tuned for pictures of our mismatched gang of trick or treaters in the next few days.




Today was Cooper's preschool Halloween party and hayride. I got there just in time to hitch a ride with Brody. He was quite perplexed, but finally took the oppurtunity to nap in the snuggly, warm sunshine. Thanks to the party, we have 2 whole bags of candy already! I'm thinking we will be using that as our giveaways if we have any kiddies out here. Normally, we don't get many kids out here...too far out in the country...but you never know.