Friday, October 19, 2007

It's been awhile....

Quite awhile since my last posts. We've been busy with the daily drudge, but nothing overtly exciting, I'm afraid. So I'll just take this opportunity to give an overall "here's what we're up to" update.

First off, we had a family reunion recently. It was alot of fun and we enjoyed spending the day with everyone. Here's a few of our favorite pics from the day...




Notice that both Memaw, about to turn 86 November 8th, and Chloe are both wishing for their two front teeth from Santa!

Michael Jon has adjusted to his 12 hour shifts well. He's enjoying the nights off each week and we've been able to spend more family time together as a unit. We are loving that! Cooper had a rough time the first few weeks of the new shift. Before this, Michael Jon didn't leave for work until well after the kids were asleep for the night, so Cooper really never realized that his daddy wasn't here. Having to watch daddy drive away right after supper was far from easy at first. We spent the first few nights sitting on the porch waving goodbye through tears and screams. It's gotten much better though. Whew...

Chloe is doing well in 3rd grade! I just had the first parent/teacher conference for the year and she got raves from all her teachers! She got all A's and B's (the B's were all 1 pt away from being A's!) and the teachers all agreed that she's doing well with her studies and with her behavior. Only 2 more games for cheer leading and then we'll probably start basketball. I'm looking forward to watching her learn the game. She has a natural knack for hitting baskets.

Jon Cooper is doing wonderfully in preschool! He's learned his shapes and colors! Still working on the name writing, but it's coming along. He's waiting patiently for Halloween to arrive so he can wear his Batman costume and "get candy"! He has found the joy of play dates and loves going to his friends' houses for a few hours. Actually, I think he'd just move in if we let him!

Brody is about to turn one!! This completely blows my mind! He's pulling up and cruising the furniture. No complete steps yet, but I'm sure that it's right around the corner. As much as he stays into on his belly, I can't imagine what he'll be like on two feet and upright! Watch out!! We're planning a birthday dinner on Sunday, so we'll have some new pics to share. He's got a red throat and ear, but no strep according to the ped, so hopefully he'll be feeling better by the big day.

Me?? Well, I'm watching kids...mine and others'. I'm doing the church thing and the mom thing. I'm trying to plan a mom's only slumber party for November. My friends and I don't get much time together anymore with all the kids' activities and housewife stuff to get done. So I decided to throw a party for the mom's to come to. Talk and hangout like we used to "PK" (pre-kids). Looking forward to the fast-approaching holidays! They'll be here before we know it! I'm a little worried about finding toys that aren't lead painted!! So we may be getting a big family gift instead of lots of toys for each kid. Still thinking on that one. Michael Jon is wanting the Nintendo Wii...He says the kids would love it...I think he'll love it!

So until Brody's birthday...have a nice weekend!